Lindsay works with clients to discover the passion and meaning behind their vision.
She helps turn ideas into missions. Since she thrives on collaboration, this makes the process fun! Behind this is a strategy designed for results.
This is the experience Lindsay brings:
- Five and a half years (2010-Present) as the Creative Director of Curren Media Group, which she also co-founded. Lindsay provides a comprehensive suite of integrated services to her clients. She is a lead marketer, graphic designer, editor, writer, and business strategist who makes digital and offline marketing plans that grow your business.
- Short contract stint with Stuart Hall School in marketing for private education admissions, 2010.
- Owned her own successful organic baby & children’s store in Charlottesville, Virginia (2005-2008).
- Six years (2000-2006) as a Producer and Moderator with washingtonpost.com’s Live Online Broadcast Module. She pioneered washingtonpost.com’s Community Discussion Forums, establishing early social media methods to nurture community, building brand identification, and establishing thought leadership. Edited, blogged, and managed community standards.
- Three years (1998-2001) as a weekly columnist with The C-Ville Weekly in Charlottesville, Virginia. Researched local arts events, posted a weekly calendar of happenings, wrote a weekly 300-500 word column.
- Managing Editor (1991-92) of The Commonwealth Times, Virginia Commonwealth University’s student run newspaper, with a weekly circulation of 20,000. Generated story ideas, managed staff in all sections, wrote and edited articles, wrote editorials, supervised graphics, art, and layout and design during weekly production. Previously (two years) as Folio Editor directing and editing the arts staff while also writing articles and generating other content.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, VCU, 1992.
Most recently, Lindsay edited Joel Salatin’s 2013 book, Fields of Farmers.
Additionally she has done a variety of ghostwriting.
I’ve written or ghostwritten blogs for clients including a radio personality covering women’s issues, a century-old educational institution for girls, restaurants, bed and breakfasts, for clean energy marketing, sustainability, culture, society, and politics. I also ghostwrote a full length book on personal and financial empowerment for women.
Finally, I’ve long wedded my love of graphic design to my love of typography and street-level marketing. That’s why I continue to make event and business posters, logos, web and social media graphics, and other graphic design projects for clients. You can see my portfolio of recent client work (2011-current) on my Facebook page.
— Lindsay Curren