Here, we present our values for our clients and for the public.
The mission of the Curren Group is to spread solar power around America by helping residential installers, commercial developers and other providers of solar energy products and services to thrive.
Thriving means installing more solar capacity. It also means selling higher quality solar installations. Thriving also means leaving solar customers not just satisfied with their own solar system but delighted enough to become ambassadors for solar power among their neighbors, their coworkers, their family and their friends.
The Biggest Challenge to Solar Today
In today’s boom market, the industry faces one main challenge to spreading solar power around the United States — a problem of trust.
- From Arizona to Vermont, stories abound of unqualified installers and get-rich-quick operators who make big promises but deliver shoddy work. Electric utilities, pro-fossil-fuel think tanks and other enemies of distributed power spread these stories to try to slow solar down.
- Marketing straight out of the 1950s like aggressive cold calling, unwelcome door knocking and sleazy direct mail has made the public doubt the truth of claims about the benefits and reliability of solar power.
- Strong-arm sales tactics like pushing homeowners into prematurely signing PPAs turn solar buyers into solar discontents.
To restore trust for the solar industry, the Curren Group has pledged to change the way that solar companies do marketing and sales. We want to do this in four different ways:
- We don’t work with solar installers who want to make a quick buck in a boom market. We only work with solar companies that are built to last and want to build a strong solar business the old-fashioned way, by earning a reputation for high quality work at a fair price.
- We are amazed that a whole industry would outsource one of the crucial functions of a growing business — marketing — to outside vendors. We think that the solar industry has gotten too dependent on lead generation vendors to build the audience that solar installers and developers should get for themselves. We fear that companies that have handicapped themselves this way have become so fragile that it would be difficult for them to survive a big shock to their business. We urge solar companies to ensure their future by starting to build their own audience as soon as possible.
- We don’t support selling solar sales leads from one company to another. Solar buyers don’t want to be handed off from one company to another like a hot potato. They want to develop a relationship with one solar company that they can learn to know and trust.
- We don’t sell solar sales leads. Instead, we help solar installers and developers to generate their own leads organically. Those are the only leads that are worth anything. Everything else is garbage.
If you share our values, then we would welcome the chance to work with you.